Saturday, June 25, 2011

WOD 25JUN11

AMRAP (As Many Reps as Possible)
[Demonstration videos will be below]

5 Min
5 Burpees (mine were modified)
5 OH Squats (overhead squats)
TOTAL: 5 Burpees/4 OH Squats

3 Min Rest

Row for calories 3Min
TOTAL: 47 Cal

3 Min Rest

5min
10 Dips
5 Hang Power Snatch
TOTAL: 5 Dip/4 HPS

I'm still feeling like I could do a bit more weight...but I'm more concerned about form, still.  I'm going to start taking the Olympic lifting class they're offering, as it's a smaller class, Mike said, and the focus is on form, not on time.

I'm noticing fast improvements, too; I can almost do several un-modified push-ups, for one.  When I did the sit-ups, my feet weren't popping up off the floor as I came up, and I was almost able to do a full chin-up on my own (I had to have assistance for the rest.)

I'm really looking forward to when I've got the form down and I can start focusing on weight, and when I can also go faster.  Then when I can do what they call an "Rx" (prescribed) weight/workout, which means you're doing the CrossFit recommended weight and so on.

VIDEOS:

Overhead Squat:




















Hang Power Snatch:




















Burpee:



(Later, what he's doing is a burpee + a muscle-up)

No comments:

Post a Comment