Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WOD 14JUN11 / 15JUN11

Yesterday's WOD consisted of my coming  home, showering, having dinner and crashing into sleep on my couch around 7:30, iPhone clutched in my hands as I checked Facebook.  I managed to pause the episode of Pushing Daisies streaming through Netflix and my PS3, but when I woke up (well, raised my eyelids to confront a state of grogginess) around 8:15 , I couldn't even keep them up long enough to finish the last ten minutes.  I kept nodding off and sort of half-dreaming/half-hallucinating about what I could hear.

I also spent that day lurching around the office and my home like Quasimoto (though I can say I'm a heck of a lot prettier) due to the incredible sore back I had from the workout the day before.  To that, I do have to say w00t! because it means I'm breaking through that nasty plateau I was in.  I guess in Military-ese that would be Booyah, Hooyah, Oo-rah or Hooah depending on your branch.  I can't recall having one in the Air Force. :-)

Anyhoo.  That was my workout yesterday: managing to bathe and feed myself before I crashed into sleep consisting of weird dreams.  I woke up at one point thinking it had been hours of sleep, but it had only been about ninety minutes.  I did sleep very well, but I'm guessing the muscle relaxant and melatonin I took had something to do with that.  And the dreams.

I woke up to a less-sore back, and repeated my efforts yesterday of sitting against a heating pad on low, then stretching when I stood to do something.  Which I could barely do yesterday...though I did manage to use my trusty rolling pin over my back to work over the sorest spots.  Handy things, rolling pins.  I rarely never bake, and if I do it's cookies and nothing that requires rolling out dough (it got left behind by my brother when he lived with me for awhile), but it works nicely as a massage implement.

I (briefly) considered going to a class tonight, but when I did I felt my back leap out of me and scamper out the door leaving a trail of barking sounds akin to a yelping dog running away in sheer terror.  So I opted out and did an hour or so of yoga instead.

In the immortal words of Judge Harry T. Stone's father on Night Court, I'm feeling MUCH better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment