Monday, June 13, 2011

WOD 13JUN11

So...I over-extended myself a touch on Saturday.

I left the gym that day feeling good, like I'd gotten a decent workout, but not like I'd done too much.  But as the next couple of hours wobbled on, I started feeling it.  Now, in any other moment, I'd have taken it easy on my terrace with a book or my laptop, but it was the afternoon of the Fruit Beer Beerfest.

I thought my legs hadn't gotten much done, given all I did was some squats with a 16lb medicine ball and some swings with it.  But they began to ache as my hour of departure left, and I could really feel them as I drove over to my brother's house, then as we walked...then as we stood around -- in the sun.  I did get to sit down in the shade at some point; it wasn't terribly hot, but it was a heck of a lot warmer than it has been, so it caught us all off-guard.  I did smartly wear shorts.  Most people were in jeans.

I didn't have a lot of beer -- maybe the equivalent of a pint or two over a few hours, and I did have a lo of water before and after, but I apparently was still really dehydrated.  All I did was suck down Gatorade-laced water on Sunday (I fell asleep on my couch the night before on Saturday at about 7:40), and that's where I stayed all the next day.

I'm still on the tired side, but not exhausted.  (Really, really weird dreams last night).

My mother thought I ought to go down to the wharf where the Navy ships for the Rose Festival are docked and do some competition that happens every year with the SEALs that come.  It would be fun, but I think that's something that's a few more CrossFit workouts away.  :-)

Anyhoo.  Today's:

WARM UP -- Wall balls with partners, 800m run
Stretch

MAIN
1-10 ring dips/dips
10-1 Dead lift
         [What this means is you do 10 dips, then 1 deadlift, then 9 dips and 2 deadlifts -- and so on, making it so you do a total of 11 each set].

My deadlift weight was 85.  I feel like I could have done a touch more...which means it was just right.  (My hamstrings are saying something different, however....)

12 min time limit
 My time: 9:57

Scale so you can finish in time and keep working through the entire WOD…if you stop for more than a few seconds you are not getting the proper response to the WOD…I want you going hard the whole time, little to no breaks

I did have to stop and catch my breath a couple of times, but not too much.

Then
Squat snatch progression/drills
Build to max

          [I had to substitute rowing as I was really pooped by then; still a bit on the tired side from Saturday].


And, in the immortal words of the Professor on Futurama: Good news, everyone! I've lost 3 lbs since I've started all this.

w00t!

No comments:

Post a Comment